Welcome to my blog in which I hope I can help my wife to raise awareness of her condition Fibromyalgia and maybe go some way to helping the partners, friends and family of those suffering with the same disease to understand from 'the other side'. I'm also a sufferer of depression and would like to share my thoughts on this and the battle i've had for nearly twenty years.

Enjoy reading and please feel free to leave comments.

My photo
“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - Christopher Columbus

Saturday 13 March 2010

Another poem i've written, me imagining how it must be to be Sally.

Heal my Torture

Stop the pain, stop the suffering, heal my torture,

Let me talk, let me walk with no boundries,

I want to run like the wind, I want to jump, skip and hop, go wild with nothing to stop me.

But in my small cocoon it is impossible, restricted like a beautiful butterfly who hasn’t yet released or an un-hatched egg , yet to crack and smell the world.

The universe is outside, but for now you must hide.

Everything it has to offer, the beauty and the splendour is off limits, maybe not forever, but still, it is until we stop the pain, stop the suffering, heal my torture.

Written by John Darin-Brame, 13th March 2010, Piediluco, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment