Welcome to my blog in which I hope I can help my wife to raise awareness of her condition Fibromyalgia and maybe go some way to helping the partners, friends and family of those suffering with the same disease to understand from 'the other side'. I'm also a sufferer of depression and would like to share my thoughts on this and the battle i've had for nearly twenty years.

Enjoy reading and please feel free to leave comments.

My photo
“You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - Christopher Columbus

Friday 12 March 2010

A poem for Sally.....

My Butterfly

My butterfly you are beautiful,

As free as the breeze and as natural as the trees,

Your love is like a flower and your touch it empowers.

To look at you is wonderful, to be with you is colourful.

I am one when I am with you, I am lost when I am without you.

In the darkness I can still see you, when it’s light I know it’s true.

Wherever you go I will always be there, move heaven and earth just to share.

You are everything to me and will always be, you are the one I cannot deny,

You are forever my butterfly.


Written by John Darin-Brame, 11th March 2010, Piediluco, Italy

2 comments: